5 Reasons A Mobile Aluminium Scaffold Is The Best Option
The construction industry has rapidly evolved, leading to high demand for tools that deliver efficiency and safety. One such innovation is the scaffold, whose market size is quickly growing and is projected to reach over AUD$130B by 2030.
The mobile aluminium scaffold is one of the most common types of scaffold used in most projects today. Its impeccable features and benefits make it an excellent choice for many contractors. From its lightweight design and ease of use to its durability and safety features, the mobile aluminium scaffold can cater to a wide range of construction needs while offering flexibility in terms of deployment and cost.
Keep reading to discover more about the advantages of using this type of scaffold in your construction projects.
What is a mobile aluminium scaffold?
This type of scaffold is constructed from lightweight, durable aluminium. Its design and caster wheels allow for easy movability around a worksite. A typical mobile scaffold has the following components:
- Standards or upright are the vertical parts that transfer the whole weight of the scaffold (including the load) to the ground. They’re usually made of durable and lightweight aluminium tubes.
- Ledgers are horizontal tubes that connect the standards. They add rigidity and stability to the scaffold structure.
- Transoms provide support for the working platform. They can be placed either above or below the ledgers.
- A working platform is where workers stand and place their tools or materials. It’s often fitted with a secure guard rail system to prevent falls.
- Base or caster wheels enable the scaffold to be easily moved around the site.
- Braces (diagonal and horizontal) provide lateral stability to the scaffold. They’re essential in ensuring the scaffold remains stable and safe when moving.
All these components make up a secure tool that can help improve productivity and safety on construction sites.
Why choose a mobile aluminium scaffold?
A lightweight mobile aluminium scaffold offers numerous benefits that make it an ideal choice for construction projects. Here are the advantages of using mobile aluminium scaffolds in your worksite.
- It provides high mobilityMobility is this scaffold’s main strength, and various factors contribute to it. First, its lightweight design makes it easy to transport and move around the worksite, reducing the risk of accidents and injuries.
Second, it comes with caster wheels at the base. These features allow you to shift from one work area to another without having to disassemble the structure. As such, it can significantly boost productivity by saving time.
- It is durableAluminium scaffolding is renowned for its exceptional durability, which makes it suitable for various construction and maintenance tasks. Don’t let its lightweight quality fool you; it possesses a high strength-to-weight ratio, so it can support considerable loads without buckling or bending.
Furthermore, it’s inherently resistant to environmental elements. For instance, aluminium doesn’t rust or warp, making it ideal for indoor and outdoor use. The material is also resistant to chemical corrosion, adding to its longevity.
With regular maintenance and proper use, aluminium scaffolding can retain its integrity and safety for many years, making it a cost-effective choice in the long run. Its durability also contributes to safety, providing a sturdy and reliable platform for workers at heights.
- It has high versatilityEvery construction project is unique and requires specialised tools and equipment to ensure its success. Fortunately, a mobile aluminium scaffold offers that much-needed solution.
This equipment is versatile and suitable for various jobs, from painting to electrical work. You can reconfigure it to adapt to multiple work requirements. For instance, you can readjust the height to meet your project needs. This adaptability sets mobile aluminium scaffolding apart from other options. The best part is that this reconfiguration is easy and quick; you won’t have to spend too many hours setting up your equipment.
- It enhances safety
Safety is a critical factor in any construction site, with the well-being of all workers, bystanders, and properties at stake. Mobile scaffolding standards ensure safety mechanisms are integrated, such as locking wheels and guard rails. These features reduce the risk of accidents happening during your project.
However, it’s important to inspect the scaffold thoroughly before letting your workers on it, especially if you’re renting it from a third party. Although most scaffolding companies adhere to industry standards, the safety of your team is ultimately your responsibility.
- It is cost-effectiveOwning a mobile aluminium scaffold is less costly than owning its steel counterpart. As mentioned earlier, this material is durable because of its resistance to corrosion and rust. It has lower maintenance requirements than equipment made from other materials, so it costs less to maintain. Its lightweight nature is also beneficial in the long run because it reduces the risk of wear and tear. As such, you won’t have to spend much on repairs.
If you want to cut costs further, you may want to consider hiring the scaffold rather than purchasing it, especially if it’s a short-term project. This eliminates the need for long-term storage and maintenance costs.
Aluminium mobile scaffolding is quite common in most construction sites, and understandably so. It offers a lot of benefits, from high mobility to cost-effectiveness. These advantages are primarily due to aluminium’s lightweight nature and resistance to extreme environmental elements. Overall, the benefits of aluminium mobile scaffolding make it an excellent choice for those seeking a reliable working platform for their construction site.